- The fruit of the plant is a pod with 4 or 5 seeds, it is characterized by being round and small, brown, or dark beige and with darker brown spots.
- It has the scientific name Cajanus cajan, it is cultivated in the North of the country, basically in the departments of Lambayeque and Piura.
- It grows and reproduces throughout the country and up to 4 annual harvests can be obtained. It does not require expensive care and is resistant to drought and high temperatures.
- Composition of the Edible Part of the Pigeon peas. Nutrients per 100 g are Calcium 114.0 mg Phosphorus 388.0 mg Iron 2.9 mg Protein 21.7 g Fat 1.5 g Carbohydrates 66.1 g Calories 393.
- It is also known as frijol de Palo, guandul, pigeon peas, guandú, it contains high levels of antioxidants.
Presentation: Bags of 25 kg polypropylene