It is a berry-type fruit, bluish in color, which grows from a bush whose size varies between 30cm. and 1m. Tall. The species are native to North America, but are currently grown in temperate climates in both hemispheres.
Blueberries have been part of humanity's culinary art for hundreds of years, making contact with a great choice worldwide, from Asian to Arab and Mediterranean foods.
They are considered as superfruits; for its high content of antioxidants, and its great wealth of vitamins and minerals. Thanks to these excellent nutritional properties, they are increasingly consumed in the world.
- Good source of vitamin C
- Good source of dietary fiber
- Excellent source of magnesium
- Protection against ovarian and colon cancer
- Contains substances that have antioxidant properties
- One of the biggest benefits of bilberry is preventing urinary tract infections.
- Helps control cholesterol and blood pressure
- It has antidiabetic effects