Scientific name is Zingiber officinale, it is a medicinal plant, natural anti-inflammatory, it helps to fight respiratory diseases, osteoarthritis, diabetes and digestive problems and it also serves to lose weight.
Due to its spicy, strong and aromatic flavor, it is recommended to consume it in moderation and accompanying other foods.
- It has more than 400 chemical compounds in different amounts, highlighting carbohydrates, lipids and phenolic compounds, as well as fiber, proteins, vitamins, amino acids and minerals. This makes it one of the most complete medicinal foods, spices and roots.
- Regarding the vitamins present in the properties of ginger, it should be noted that it contains vitamin C, with 5 mg per 100 grams of the rhizome, and to a lesser extent vitamin B6 or pyridoxine, whose chemistry serves both to treat nausea and vomiting, and to stimulate serotonin receptors.
- As for minerals, calcium, copper, chromium, phosphorus, iron, manganese and zinc stand out in different amounts.
- In protein, it contains 5 g per 100 grams of root.
- Its compounds such as polyphenols, flavonoids and tannins have antioxidant properties.