It is a sweet, refreshing fruit that is easy to consume, rich in substances with antioxidant action, which is why its consumption is appropriate, taking into account its nutritional properties.
- Their composition is different depending on the variety in question, but they all have in common their high water content.
- It provides a significant amount of carbohydrates so its caloric value is high. It is rich in magnesium and in terms of vitamins, in provitamin A and C (200 grams of pulp cover the needs of a person for these vitamins).
- Vitamin C is involved in the formation of collagen, bones and teeth, red blood cells and favors the absorption of iron from food and resistance to infection.
- Beta-carotene is transformed into vitamin A in our body as it needs it.
- Its potassium content should be taken into account by people who suffer from kidney failure and who require controlled diets in this mineral.