It originated in the mid-altitude region of central Peru, then spread to the Peruvian coast, and later to the high-altitude Andean regions. It is characterized by its violet color provided by anthocyanins, a natural pigment that is also found in cherries, blueberries, and plums and has antioxidant properties.
Purple corn is a superfood that stands out for its nutritional content, it contains protein, oil and the highest percentage is starch.
It has essential vitamins and minerals such as iron, phosphorus, niacin and anthocyanins, the latter being one of its main properties and the ones that bring the most benefits to human health, and it has phytonutrients that strengthen the immune system.
- Helps prevent cancer.
- Helps cardiovascular health.
- It is a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Helps lose weight and delays the aging process.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Improves visual acuity.
- Helps control and reduce blood cholesterol levels and maintain low blood pressure.
- It is very favorable for people with diabetes and for people who suffer from obesity.