Quinoa is an easily digestible food, recommended for celiacs, diabetics and for those who are lactose intolerant; Due to its nutritional characteristics, it is a substitute for meat or milk.
This magnificent superfood is well known for its macronutrients, essential amino acids and rich carbohydrates. It is also high in micronutrients, including Omega 3 and 6; minerals, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc; and vitamins, B complex and vitamin E.
- Beneficial to maintain lower levels of bad cholesterol.
- Protects against chronic diseases and cancer.
- Helps lose weight and control diabetes.
- Prevents the development of cataracts and delays the appearance of macular degeneration.
- Boosts the immune system and helps detoxify the body.
- Helps maintain optimal liver, kidney and heart health.
- Reduces the risk of atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease.
Quinoa is used in vegetable salads, veggie burgers, stews, and soups. It is also for direct consumption, juices or nutritional shakes, preparation of snacks, granolas and cookies.