Yacón is developed in Peru, it develops in regions such as Amazonas, Cajamarca, San Martín, Huánaco, Pasco, Apurímac, Cusco and Puno.
It contains a type of polyphenol called chlorogenic acid with a strong antioxidant effect superior to that of red wine. Yacon is rich in potassium, calcium and magnesium that help people suffering from high blood pressure.
- It is the richest source of fructoligosaccharides that help regulate the digestive system and are low in calories.
- Reduces the risk of diabetes and helps control it
- Helps lose weight (replacing sugar intake)
- Excellent for hypo caloric diets and for diabetic patients.
- Anti-diabetic attributes.
- Reduces risk of osteoporosis.
- No-calorie sweetener.
- Reduces triglycerides levels in blood.
- Gastrointestinal reliefs problems.